Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Fall Leech Lake Walleyes

The walleye bite on Leech Lake has been getting stronger and stronger as the fall is now upon us. The jig bit and minnow bite has been strong on all the main lake flats and points. We have been using VMC HammerHead Jig in the 1/8th ounce. VMC offers these jigs in the all new UV Bright colors which is an amazing new technology which reflects more light energy, strengthening the lure's visibility. Read more by visiting VMC's Website, Click Here, and go to page V19. We have been tipping the minnows with medium sized rainbow chub minnows. This has also been a great combo for the jumbo perch that have also moved into the shallows.

The muskie action has also been pretty strong. We have averaged 1 to 3 bites a trip and have moved some real giant fish in the past few days. Hopefully we can get some hooks to stick and get them into the nets.

With the fall approaching so is the cold mornings. One of the most important thing to me is staying warm on the water. Lets face it if you are cold even the best day fishing isn't fun. I have been using IceArmor products for several years now and each and ever time I suit up I know I'm going to stay comfortable. My system includes; starting off with the Poly Base Layer (View here), then if you know me I'm in my IceArmor Wind Pants (View Here), a warm wool sweeter, then I like to wear a wind-stopper fleece jacket under my IceArmor Blue Suit Bibs (View Here), and for the really cold mornings or rain I put the Blue Suit Jacket on. The beauty part about this system is the layering aspect because as the sun rises so does the warmer air. I can peel layers to stay comfortable. IceArmor is a brand we believe in and we are confident you will be satisfied using!

Here are a few pics from recent guide trips.

(click on image for larger view)




The Jason Mitchell Elite Series 7 foot rod in action!












No comments:

Post a Comment